IMPACT aims to provide students with the skills and values they need to succeed in school and beyond
Focusing on skill areas aligned with the IB programme, IMPACT lessons encourage students to apply their classroom knowledge to solve real-world issues and become positive agents of change. Working closely with experts from the school community, this authentic learning experience challenges students to be creative, reflective and become the best version of themselves.
- Opportunity to fail and learn from mistakes
- Reflection (and understanding why reflection is important). Students are also encouraged to reflect on their skills development
- Ownership and responsibility for projects – the more effort and determination students apply, the more they will enjoy IMPACT and benefit from it, in turn encouraging independent learning
- Accountability and the use of mini-exhibitions
- Feedback and the opportunity to re-draft
- Authenticity: experts from the community are involved to provide guidance and feedback during the development of the project and are presented the final product to