In both Secondary 3 and Secondary 4, Markham pupils study for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
What is IGCSE?
What subjects are included?
Secondary at Markham offers a wide selection of IGCSE courses which include the following:
- Languages: First Language Spanish; Spanish as a Foreign Language; First or Second Language English; Spanish Literature, English Literature and French
- Mathematics: International Mathematics and Additional Mathematics
- Sciences: Double Science; Co-ordinated Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
- Humanities: World History and Geography
- The Performing Arts: Art& Design; Music and Drama
- Technological Studies: Design Technology (Graphic Products, Resistant Materials, Systems and Controls) and Computer Science
- Others include: Business Studies, Food & Nutrition, and Physical Education
In 2021, 141 S4 students sat a total of 1429 IGCSE examinations, an average of over 10 examinations per student. Overall, the average point score per student (MPS) was 6.27 and a total of 14 students achieved 10 or more A*-A grades.
These are the 4th best IGCSE results in our long history of entering students for these examinations!
We are proud of the results of all of our students and teachers who responded magnificently to the challenges they experienced throughout the last 2 years.
In 2020, due to the effects of the covid-19 pandemic, and the closure of schools by the Ministry of Education, the school was unable to administer these examinations as usual. The students, however, obtained excellent levels of achievement in their online lessons and were awarded internal Markham Diplomas reflecting their accomplishments.
*Markham College has a policy of complete transparency in regard to the levels of academic achievement of our students and we have always been proud to publish our public examination results on our website in full.