Markham Parents are critical in helping students efectively develop. The School asks for parents that:
- understand and support the school's Strategic Aims and abide by all school policies and practices.
- are committed to the school's Student Profile.
- encourage their children to develop positive attitudes and conduct themselves at all times according to the Student Profile.
- accept at all times both their individual and their collective responsibility - as shared with Board members, staff, other parents, pupils and Old Markhamians - for the wellbeing, reputation and advancement of Markham College and all members of the school community.
- are open and honest in all their dealings with the school concerning their child's learning and their social, emotional and behavioural development.
- are involved with and committed to the school, attending important meetings and functions and observing lines of reporting and published holiday periods.
- appreciate the full value of a Markham education and all it affords their children.