The Drama Department
In the Upper School Drama has been successfully introduced in S2 as a pathway to IGCSE Drama – pupils take their first exam this year. Starting from 2012 pupils can continue their studies with IB and LN Theatre Arts in sixth form – the course covers a rich variety of historical and global theatre traditions and practices including their very own from Peru.
In the Upper School the Department produce a number of plays over the year reflecting the diversity of our bi-lingual pupils and their emerging talent as actors, directors and writers.
We aim to provide enriching, challenging and rewarding opportunities in the Arts for all our pupils throughout their life with us.
Recent Upper School pupil productions include:
- The Fifteen Minute Hamlet by Tom Stoppard
- Farsa Y JusticiadelCorejidorby Alejandro Casona
- Markham on Stage – pupil-devised performances as a House competition
- Our Country’s Good by Timberlake Wertenbaker – UB and LB pupils
- The Boy Friend by Sandy Wilson – UpperSchool
- EL Medico Fingidoby Lope De Rueda and El Créditoby Juan Rivera Saavedra
- Much Do AboutNothing - Shakespeare
- Snow White by Carol Ann Duffy for a One Act Play Festival
- Huerfanos by Lyle Kessler
And for 2012:
- Canillita– Florencio Sánchez
- Three Penny Opera – Brecht/Weill
- The Mysteries – Dario Fo
- La Tercera Palabra – Alejnadro Casona
- Obras Cortas – Chejov
- Markham Young writers Festival
- TheTempest - Shakespeare